Email to primary domain not delivered

maredzki

Registered
Dec 13, 2017
US
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, I'm a novice to cpanel but not to DNS and hosting. I host a domain with godaddy which is assigned as a primary domain on bluehost. Everything is on godaddy for that domain (MX and hosting) and email is delivered.

I have an addon domain on bluehost which cannot deliver email to the primary domain hosted on godaddy, NDR says no such user. As soon as I create an account on bluehost in the primary domain messages get delivered but only to the bluehost email, not the actual godaddy email which is in public DNS with MX records pointing there.

Anyone seen this? I've spent hours on the phone with bluehost, they have no clue...

Any help much appreciated!

Marek

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Yes, that should address the issue you have reported. If it's not helping, I suggest reporting the issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look.

Thank you.

maredzki

Registered
Dec 13, 2017
US
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
They are blaming the actual vendor who hosts the email and that's not what I'm really looking to hear.

Anything I can tell the vendor to look at?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You could request that they review /var/log/exim_mainlog to verify the test message you send from the local server to that domain name is routed to the remote mail server as opposed to locally.

Thank you.