The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email to site administrators not working on any sites.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by paulm, Oct 22, 2004.

1. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

All email to users created through cPanel by the site administrator are working fine just the admin users for that account/domain cannot get any mail, I get a bounce back saying 'user unknown'. I have tried fixing mailbox perms and running fixeverything but nothing seems to be working as of yet.

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The admin/users? What's different about the admins email inboxes compared to the users? Or do you mean the "default" inbox?

3. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

What I mean is say I create domain.com in WHM and the admin users name is paulm, if I email paulm@domain.com I get a 'No user here with that name bounce' if I create additional users other than the default admin user say user1@domain.com it works fine.

This is on all accounts on the server for the default/admin user, I thought I had seen someone else having this issue before but I have been unable to find it in searchs.

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

OMFG!

Create the email in cPanel....

By creating the account in WHM .. it doesnt mean that user automatically has an email account... Really. You need to create the email account in the users cPanel first.

Sheldon

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

When you create an account, username@domain.com is the default address, but it can be set to do different things, like be an actual default address, or be blackholed or failed. Sounds like your setting is to make the default be :fail: which means they can't be emailed until an email account is created.

6. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

I guess I have been using Ensim and Plesk too long and I have it stuck in my head, I now realize the 'admin' user is for catch all etc and is actually not a valid address.

#6 paulm, Oct 22, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2004