The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Trace & Blacklisting?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by deviation56, Jan 8, 2016.

1. deviation56

deviation56 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm fairly familiar with how to setup VPS's and use cPanel/WHM/etc and I have a good idea of how the Email Trace function and exim works. I recently purchased a cPanel shared hosting account for a family member for a webhost that I've used in the past. Once I got everything setup I realized the host had disabled the Email Trace function in cPanel. When I questioned them about it, their response was that they disabled Email Trace because it was causing their servers to be blacklisted. Is this even remotely possible? As far as I'm aware nothing about Email Trace would have any effect on any server other than the one it's being used on. It sounds to me like the host just used this excuse as a canned response. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This feature obtains the data from the "eximstats" MySQL database, so it should not result in the blacklisting of a server on a SPAM list. Could you have them elaborate on how the feature lead to the blacklisting of the server?

Thank you.