The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email troubles

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by symo, May 23, 2011.

1. symo

symo Registered

Hello everyones! After purchasing a license of cPanel 11.28, installed and configured following guides, I'm experiencing some problems sending emails. I have some Joomla sites installed and I noticed that some emails sent via CMS (trough php mail) cannot be delivered. I also tried to send email directly with php code but there is no way to deliver email to specific recipients such as gmail users or domains using google apps.
    I checked the exim mail log but no trace found of that emails. Am I missing any particular configuration about php mail or exim? :confused:

Thanks in advance
    Symo

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you getting any error message at all when trying to send via mail via a script? Also, did you check for the recipient in the exim mainlog as oftentimes the PHP script will send from the hostname of the machine rather than the domain name, so you would want to check for the recipient rather than the sender:

Code:
    exigrep recipient@domain.com /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Where recipient@domain.com is the recipient's email address.