Email Users quota increasign rapidly in cpanel

srimig

Registered
Nov 8, 2005
Hello;

some of the clients email ids quota is increasing rapidly leading the mails to bounce

This ambiguity is only in cpanel if you got thtu Mail-Manage Mail accounts-> show dik usage

Other wise thru DU -SH command or thru Cpanel _ Disk space usage the data is proper.

but this is leadig to mail bouncing and quota showing is like over 60000 MB in some POP ids

Please help !!

regards

bmorrice

Registered
Sep 12, 2006
I've experienced the same issue on some of our users accounts

tried a /scripts/eximup --force

and a /scripts/fixquota

no go, resolved the issue by deleting the 'maildirsize' file in /home/user/mail/domain.com/mailbox

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Last edited:

ashokjp

Dec 18, 2005
just deleting maildirsize doesnt fix the issue

have u tried this
create a new account
now its usage is 0m
send a mail to it
assume its current usage is 1M
remove all mails
still cpanel shows 1M

thats my situation after removing maildirsize long back, we are still working on to find a fix
you facing same ?

mahinder

Jun 12, 2003
matrix
bmorrice said:
no go, resolved the issue by deleting the 'maildirsize' file in /home/user/mail/domain.com/mailbox
solved the mail box quota problem. it was showing wrong mail box usage. deleting this file resolved problem. thx.

levelsupport

Oct 7, 2006
mahinder said:
solved the mail box quota problem. it was showing wrong mail box usage. deleting this file resolved problem. thx.
deleting the file is just a temporary fix, it is no way a real solution to this issue.
This is a known bug, in few RELEASE and CURRENT versions of cPanel.
I guess the bug is fixed in the EDGE built, but you better wait for their patch in RELEASE or CURRENT version.:rolleyes: