The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Verification Failed Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by deepakrai89, Sep 22, 2014.

1. deepakrai89

deepakrai89 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

Some of the Users on my website are not receiving emails. Email trace on cPanel/ WHM shows different errors for different users:
    -----------------
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<admin@mys.mydomain.com> SIZE=3203: host relay.recipientdomain.net [###.##.###.##]: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
    ----------------
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<user@recipientdomain.com>: host email.recipientdomain.com [##.###.###.##]: 550-Verification failed for <admin@mys.mydomain.com>\n550-The mail server could not deliver mail to
    ----------------

After searching various posts i found that this may be because there should be a valid host name in email "FROM" (mys.mydomain.com) in my case. mydomain.com is a valid host name by mys.mydomain.com is not. My host name is mys.mydomain.com

This is what i have done till now, but still no luck:

1. Added "A" record to mys.mydomain.com
    2. Added reverse dns (PTR) to point back to the hostname

PS: I have dedicated server for hosting

Please help me with this issue. And let me know if you need more information.

2. server9host

server9host Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You are facing domain verification issue.

Please check your DNS zone files properly set for your domain or no. Also check your email server IP is blacklisted or not, you check it via link Email Blacklist Check - See if your server is blacklisted . Enable the spf and DKIM record for your domain.

Thanks

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, users on remote mail servers are unable to send emails to accounts hosted on your server? If so, have you searched for email addresses that have been unable to send to your server in /var/log/exim_mainlog or /var/log/exim_rejectlog using the "exigrep" utility? EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@remote-server /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.