The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Verification List

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dynamicwebs, Apr 15, 2004.

1. dynamicwebs

dynamicwebs Member

Hi gang,

This is sort of a feature request and question of possibility.

In regards to email and spam problems. The mail filter allows for the creation of filters that will block/delete or perform other actions based on certain criteria entered by the administrator.

Is it possible to add a variable that will allow an administrator to say, only allow email to be received by a particular variable.

For example: Let's say I want to create a filter that will only allow email to come to a certain address. Thus, I could set up an email filter that will only accept all email going to myaddress@myurl.com. All wildcard names would simply be deleted.

This filter feature would then prevent spammers from sending wildcardnames@myurl.com. It would also allow me to then be able to quickly prune the emails that are sent to the proper address and cut down the amount of spam I receive on a daily basis.

Secondly, it would be nice to be able to create a list of "Trusted Users" I have regular contact with. I could then create this list and emails would only be accepted from these individual's addresses. This would allow me to then create a contact form on my site for first time users to send me emails.

Third, any wildcardnames@myurl.com would be sent an email reply back to the sender using a specified email address which would act as the "autotrash" delete email filter. Thus, if they tried to send me another email or reply, it would go to this "autotrash" address and delete the file. The reply would also contain instructions for first time users to use the email form to contact me. Thus, all spam bots would not reply but actual users would have the opportunity to send me a true email using the email form.

I know this sounds like a major feature request, but I think this implementation would help to greatly reduce or eliminate spam mail.

Let me know your thoughts.

Frank:D

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

This is already possible. You set the default address to
    :blackhole: or :fail: and all wildcards will be discarded or rejected.