The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email/Webmail Using Shared SSL Cert, Not Domain's Dedicated SSL

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wcs2, Apr 20, 2016.

1. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On a shared server, I have multiple domains, three of which have their own IP addresses. Originally, only one did and its wildcard SSL certificate was used to sign the secure email and webmail for all the other domains.

Now, two domains have their own IP addresses and I want to configure their email and webmail to only use their signed SSL certificates. Right now, if you log on to webmail.THISdomain.com, it throws up a warning that the certificate is signed by THATdomain.com

Aside from ensuring that the DNS records all point to their respective IP addresses, what do I need to do to ensure that these two new domains never see a trace of that old domain?

Thanks!

Using WHM: 54.0 (build 21)
    CENTOS 6.7 x86_64

#1 wcs2, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

First, browse to "WHM >>> SSL/TLS >> Manage SSL Hosts". Ensure that "Mail SNI" is enabled for these domain names. This will take care of email services other than Webmail. Next, it's important to keep in mind that there's no support for SSL certificates on a per-domain basis for the cPanel/WHM/Webmail service at this time. There's an open feature request you can follow at:

SSL certificate per domain on all services

As far as proxy subdomains, we have a document here that explains how this currently works:

Proxy Subdomains Use the cPanel Service SSL - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

3. wcs2

wcs2 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you! I appreciate your help.