The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email wildcard issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by joshaujtm, Dec 27, 2003.

1. joshaujtm

joshaujtm Registered

I'm trying to set-up email wildcards for forwarding other than the catch-all, which i have to keep set on :fail: basically what I would like to do is as follows:

anything.user@domain.com

i tried *, ?, and % in front of the period and all of them failed. this would provide many advantages to us in our email tracking because no matter what came before the period it would forward to a designated email. either this or if a particular email account could be set up instead of a forward, that would work too. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Joshua

2. joshaujtm

joshaujtm Registered

can someone please help with this??

3. gsbe

gsbe Active Member

Can anyone make any suggestions about this? I am also in need of putting a wildcard forwarder on a sub-domain for bounce processing of an email list. Thanks in advance.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, you can't through cPanel. You would have to modify /etc/exim.conf and write custom code to achieve that, though cPanel will likely overwrte them when it next upgrades exim. You'll need to wade through the documentation or ask on the mailling list over at:
    http://www.exim.org