The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email will forward but not alias; need to change “from” field for wedding RSVPs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cherryo, Mar 14, 2003.

1. cherryo

cherryo Registered

I need to send results from RSVP forms on customer sites to my customer's email but when I do the “from” field shows it is from MyUsername@myserver.com. I find that to be rather unprofessional and would like to have the response emails to be from rsvp@mysite.com instead. I set up the form to go to rsvp@mysite.com and then created a forward on the cpanel to send replies to the customer email addresses from rsvp@mysite.com but the “from” field still shows it to be from MyUsername@myserver.com.

If anyone can give some help on how I might change this it would be greatly appreciated. I’m setting this up for clients today and could use some input as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Well-Known Member

Depends on what you are using to send the emails. Most scripting languages that let you send email also let you alter the headers being sent out - this is where you would change this. You would simply need to add the From: and Reply-To: headers with the email address you want to show the email as from.

3. cherryo

cherryo Registered

Thanks! I'll look into figuring out how to do that with my program.