The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by OneshotChris, Dec 7, 2004.

1. OneshotChris

OneshotChris Registered

Got something really strange going on. All email services have been restarted several times, All email accounts on each web account can check email, but can not send. When checking the routing, it gives me a "Mail Routing Error". Any ideas on what to check or fix? I have repaired all mailboxes and nothing is working. I am getting some pretty pissed off clients.

2. salvatore333

salvatore333 Well-Known Member

me too, are you connecting to the net via bellsouth?

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Try changing your SMTP port from 25 to 26, this should resolve the issue. Lots of ISPs are making it so port 25 cannot send mail out as a spam prevention tool. It is one of the dumbest ideas every come up with from the ISPs if you ask me.

4. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is wrong with using your ISP's SMTP server to send out mail? I only ask because maybe I'm missing something, but I would think that if client's used their ISP's SMTP mail server to send out messages, this would only help the webhosting community as they would have less users and methods to worry about when resolving spam issues on their server (I know it doesn't resolve CGI and PHP scripts that send out massive mails).