The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails and IP Address Correct Settings

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MDE, Oct 9, 2014.

1. MDE

MDE Registered

Oct 9, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Okay; not sure if this is the right place, but I need to start somewhere as my email issue is out of control.

To provide some background, here goes...

I have a website and my hosting provider uses "c panel" to manage all of my web hosting activities. However my issue is mainly with emails and unfortunately my hosting provider seems to only be able to provide boxed answers in regards to my issues. So I need to take things into my own hands and actually resolve the issues.

So the main issues is that Spam Assassin doesn't seem to do anything as I receive 50 plus SPAM emails each and every day... Most are quite clear that they are SPAM so I don't understand why they are coming through. So my first question is how do I ensure that "c panel" and Spam Assassin are actually setup correct.

The second problem is that some how in the past my IP Address was associate to SPAM emails so at one point my IP Address became block, so to resolve this I bought a dedicated IP Address. (FYI, I send normal business emails only ie 5-10 day a day and do not use Marketing Email) Not sure about this one as the explanation from my hosting company seem a bit odd, none the less I needed to get this issued resolved so I paid the money to get a dedicated IP address and this was suppose to resolve the issue. Not sure if it did but I know when sending emails to gmail account there are still issues. So my second question is how do I determine if my IP Address is in fact flagged as a SPAM IP Address and that my website and email server are setup correctly and working properly.

Okay, that's it in a nut shell for the first phase, once I get this resolved then I can move on to my IMAP format... Hope this makes sense; any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may need to consider switching hosting providers if SPAM continues to be an issue. You could try implementing an account level filter if the SPAM messages are similar or follow a pattern, however it really should be addressed from the "root" level with RBL settings or by enabling additional Exim configuration options.

Thank you.