The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails are being sent too slow

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sspitfire, Jul 7, 2011.

1. sspitfire

sspitfire Active Member

A few days ago I started getting emails for failed services and I notices emails are being sent too slow. The speed is about 3 emails per minute and it should be 10 emails/min. I haven't changed anything and I haven't loaded a list bigger than before.I suppose its an exim problem. What Ive tried so far:
    -disabled: spamd, named (my DNS is on my registrar),ftpd
    - updated WHM

Speed is 4.5M/s from http://netpita.com/site/speed_test/10MB_test.bin and 10M/s from virpus.com/10M.bin (Virpus is my provider)

Im on a VPS with 512 RAM

Server load 1.01 (8 CPUs)
    Memory Used 7.07% (148,368 of 2,097,152)
    Swap Used 0% (0 of 1)

I noticed the crashes happening mostly when Im on the admin page of the sending software (not sure if it has anything to do with it)

The email que is emtpy.

The message for the failed ftpd contains "Failure Reason: Timeout while trying to get data from service: Died at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/ChkServd.pm line 457."

So this make me think someone on the same node is taking too much bandwidth. Is there a way to check that?
    Also I read another thread here saying an update of perl might fix that, but they were talking about the problem occuring after cpanel update and mine appeared before that, without me changing anything. So can you give me any directions ? I can post here logs and error messages if needed. TYA !

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What do these download files have to do with emails being sent slow?

Where are you getting these details from, the email software you're using? What is that software?

3. sspitfire

sspitfire Active Member

I downloaded the files trying to see if there is a problem with the connection speed. The software is Interspire Email Marketer. The way I tested the speed was to send 50 test emails and see the time for which the campaign was finished. I know its not the proper way but I can tell its definately slower than before. Also the campaings that were running took a lot more time to finish.

#3 sspitfire, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Than before, what, before you starting thinking issues with the VPS? You may be onto something there, but only your host can help to sort that out. Guestimating send time by that method is not a very reliable way to go I don't think.

What happens if you send those same 50 test emails using your email client instead of this script?

As for your email script, looking at the site they state they can send 1000 emails a minute (using the cron method).
    /http://www.interspire.com/emailmarketer/email-marketers.php

You'll have to get with them on any sending issues or questions though, we cannot support the script here.

Certainly whatever the speed of sending emails out is, server crashes are not normal. You might want to make sure you're using the latest version of the software.

It looks like (on their site) they do offer to come and check out your server to make sure it meets the requirements to operate as expected, you might take them up on that.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

5. sspitfire

sspitfire Active Member

Yes it turned out to be a problem with interspire. Thanks for your time. can i ask the mods to remove the thread?

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Good to hear you got this sorted.