Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Emails Are Going to Spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Nitish, Jan 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nitish

Nitish Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear sir my whm all mails are going to spam My ip is not blacklisted and ptr and all records are updated but I don't know why my mails are going in spam folder. You all are intelligent and professionally in this process please help

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Martian

Martian Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello cPanel Team,

We have the same problem like author.

I am an administrator (do that for living) for many years. It's not my first time to use WHM, but for the first time I have a problem with Spam.

We use Xeon dedicated with paid plugins, CloudLinux, CXS, cpHulk, Let's Encrypt, Imunify, ClamAV, SpamAssassin, ConfigServer Security & Firewal, Mod Security, JetAps...

We have a brand new server also with new neutral IP addresses.

The server's main IP address is clean and is not on black spam lists (ever) we check's with MxToolbox, HetrixTools and Cisco. IP's used by Nameserver are also clean and both NS IP have neutral status. There are no users on the server because the server was not released for production yet. Also we have /28 sub net and all IP have neutral status, they've never been on blacklist or sending spam.

For testing purposes, we set up ~10 real domains (.com net org..) and whenever we use Webmail for sending from any domain, except Gmail, mail goes to spam everywhere. (Hotmail, Yahoo, Protonmail, Zoho, GMX)

MXtoolbox shows that we have everything necessary and everything is green.
    Intodns.com all green.
    Sent-email score, we get 10/10 everywhere we have SPF, DMARC, DKIM even we have put the google (alongside for our main IPv4 ) SPF, we have PTR for our main IP and for our two NS also...

We even changed the Nameserver's IP addresses and the same happens.

We passed the documentation two even three times to make sure everything was set up properly and we never saw the problem or not the agreement with our server and your documentation's.

Do you have any logical explanation of why this is happening? We tried everything possible and you are our last option, we are desperate. :(

4. ES - George

ES - George Well-Known Member PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Email delivery is one of things where you can have DMARC, SPF, DKIM, valid PTR/rDNS - the whole lot - and still experience emails going to Spam.

It takes time for ISPs like Google and Microsoft to build trust in IP addresses and domains. I've commonly seen people look for "fresh IPs", but in actual fact, that's not necessarily going to be beneficial.

My advice would be to simply be patient, ask recipients of your emails to mark them as "not spam", and eventually you'll find emails slowly start going to the inbox rather than the spam folder.

A quick example, we started using a cPanel box to send email from our corporate domain. To begin with, despite following all best mailing practices, emails went to Spam at Google, Microsoft, etc. It took a few weeks and now they always go to the Inbox, because their filters realized we're not interested in spamming their users, but rather, delivering email that's relevant to them, and more importantly, authorized (not spam).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Martian

Martian Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thank you for your response and great advice. You are encouraging us a bit and eventually we are left to mark messages as Not spam and wait. ;)

6. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @Martian,

In cPanel & WHM version 78, we've made the process of ensuring your server is setup for optimal email deliverability easier with the addition of the following options:

Email Deliverability in WHM - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation
    Email Deliverability in cPanel - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

While it appears you've already made the appropriate changes manually, let us know if these options help once you upgrade this server to version 78. You can read more about this version at:

The Hosting Platform of Choice | cPanel Release Highlights | cPanel, Inc.

Thank you.

7. Martian

Martian Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello Michael,

Those options sound's good, can't wait to check it, but we are on Stable repo 76.0.18, once 78 become Stable we will switch it.

Kind Regards!

cPanelMichael likes this.
  8. Nouman Bashir

Nouman Bashir Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    @Martian i am facing the same problem my mails goes to spam. how to solve this problem can you guid me please. It's urgent.

9. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: