The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails being flagged as Bulk/Spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sexshun, May 17, 2006.

1. sexshun

sexshun Active Member

Whenever i send out email from my server, they are getting flagged as spam with some online mail services like yahoo and hotmail. I have the reverse dns setup correctly and the headers look fine to me. I also compared the headers to an almost identical email I sent from a shared server I use that doesn't get its email flagged as spam, and they look pretty much identical minus the email addresses. Any ideas what I could be forgetting?

NOTE: I've tried sending mail with squirrel mail thats included in cpanel, php's plain mail() function, phpmailer class and pear's mime mail class and I get the same results. Yahoo and Hotmail emails get throwin in the bulk folder. Gmail doesn't seem to have a problem with them though.

Email gets flagged as spam

Email does not get flagged as spam

rdns setup

#1 sexshun, May 17, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

3. sexshun

sexshun Active Member

I don't think you're thread is entirely accurate. As stated in my post, I've tried sending mail on a shared host that I'm on which probably has over 200+ clients on it. I'm assuming a lot of those probably have forwarders setup to goto yahoo and hotmail yet my emails don't get flagged as spam. It's only happening on my dedicated server which prior to this did not send much emails at all.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Maybe they went through the process of getting their servers on a white list or something. When I contacted Yahoo, they gave me forms to fill out, but after 3 times, I gave up. Maybe there is a way to have them not mark a server as a junkmail sender.