The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails do not work on addon domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by driverC, Sep 5, 2005.

1. driverC

driverC Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am having a real strange problem. When I log in to the email address of an addon domain I get the following error message:

Notice: (null)(): Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0
    Notice: (null)(): Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0
    Notice: (null)(): Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

The really strange this about this problem is that I can log in to other email addresses without problems. Even to email addresses that belong to other addon domains. Only for this specific addon domains all email addresses do not work. It does not accept the username and password. I tried to upgrade Cpanel and I tried to remove the email accounts and recreate them. I even removed the addon domain and recreated it without success. I am logging in with the full email address and everything. There seems to be some sort of bug that causes this problem. Any ideas ?

2. driverC

driverC Well-Known Member

I found out that I can not connect via IMAP either as it is rejecting the password. However, I can connect via POP which indicates that the login I am using is correct. This does only effect email addresses under a specific domain name. I did already run /scripts/resetimappasswds but with no success :(

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That is odd. Have you checked /var/log/maillog where the imap logins are logged, unless that's what you posted from?

Also, are you definitly running the cPanel IMAP daemon and not another one. On Linux systems it should be running /etc/xinetd.d/cpimap and no other one.

You could also try the usual suspects:

/scripts/updatedomains
    /scripts/mailperm

4. CoNfOuNd

CoNfOuNd Member

I'm having the exact same problem with a parked domain. Did you get yours fixed?

5. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member