The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails from scripts bouncing....

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Brianne, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Brianne

Brianne Registered

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this... I was unsure as to where to.

Our server support told me to try cpanel.net for the fix as they said it had to be because of some update. Recently, any email sent from scripts (that go from nobody) are bouncing back to me if they bounce. The from address is set as nobody@servername instead of the from address in the script. Prior, it wasn't doing this and was sending as if from the from address in the script so bounces went to that address and the emails were all delivered as they are supposed to. Unfortunately, now its not doing that.

Is there any way to get them to send from the address specified as "from" in the script like before instead of appearing as from nobody@servername?

Hope someone is able to help, this is driving me crazy... unfortunately I don't know a lot about servers so. :)

Thank you in advance,
    Brianne

2. bman

bman Well-Known Member

up up up up

3. jmetcalf

jmetcalf Member

This should work from php under linux:

mail("user@domain.com", "Mail Message", "Mail message", "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\nContent-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\nFrom: webmaster@domain.com", "-fwebmaster@domain.com");