The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails I want to receive are being rejected

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by npTori, Nov 1, 2015.

1. npTori

npTori Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The parent company for my organization has an intranet system which sends out daily email updates. For the entire 18 months I have worked here I haven't received these emails. I have been told by the parent company's IT support that the emails must be going to my spam box, but I don't have a spam box. After a recent hacking scare (turned out to be spoofing), I was digging around looking for settings and I found this neat little feature called "Track Delivery" in my Cpanel Webmail. What do ya know... all of the daily emails that I should have been receiving were in that list and were marked as "rejected". The stated reason for the rejection is "Sender Verify Failed".

Here is all the info I can think to give you:
    -I want to receive these emails. My goal in starting this post is to figure out how to get them into my inbox and to stop them from being rejected.
    -My email is managed in-house, not by the parent company, by an employee who knew enough to set our emails up, but that is it.
    -Our emails are hosted through Host Color, and we use Cpanel Webmail to login to webmail.
    -Normally I use Outlook 2013 for day-to-day email, my email is also setup on my android phone.
    -I gather from my chats with the parent company's IT support that they use some type of salesforce integration service to generate the daily update emails from the intranet system.
    -I am not going to be able to make the parent company change anything about the way they send their emails on my behalf. I have been told I am the only one with this problem. So a solution is only workable if it something I can do from my end as the receiver of the emails.

The delivery event details look like this (identifying info is redacted, anything blank was actually blank):

Code:
    Event: rejected 
    User: -remote -
    Domain:
    Sender: [EMAIL]noreply@parentcompanydomain.com[/EMAIL]
    Sent Time: Oct 26, 2015 12:54:12 PM
    Sender Host: ######-########.saas.example.com
    Sender IP:##.##.###.###
    Authentication: unauthorized
    Spam Score: 0
    Recipient: [EMAIL]myname@myorganizationsdomain.com[/EMAIL]
    Delivery User: myusername
    Delivery Domain: myorganizationsdomain.com
    Delivered To:
    Router: reject
    Transport: **rejected**
    Out Time: Oct 26, 2015 12:54:12 PM
    ID: ######-######-##
    Delivery Host: ######-########.saas.example.com
    Delivery IP: ##.##.###.###
    Size: 0 bytes
    Result: Sender verify failed

Thanks for the help!

#1 npTori, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You will need to contact your hosting provider and see if they can whitelist the server that's sending you email. Otherwise, have them review /var/log/exim_mainlog and let you know why the message was rejected so you can relay that information to company sending you the email.

Thank you.