Emails I want to receive are being rejected

npTori

Registered
Nov 1, 2015
United States
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
The parent company for my organization has an intranet system which sends out daily email updates. For the entire 18 months I have worked here I haven't received these emails. I have been told by the parent company's IT support that the emails must be going to my spam box, but I don't have a spam box. After a recent hacking scare (turned out to be spoofing), I was digging around looking for settings and I found this neat little feature called "Track Delivery" in my Cpanel Webmail. What do ya know... all of the daily emails that I should have been receiving were in that list and were marked as "rejected". The stated reason for the rejection is "Sender Verify Failed".

Here is all the info I can think to give you:
-I want to receive these emails. My goal in starting this post is to figure out how to get them into my inbox and to stop them from being rejected.
-My email is managed in-house, not by the parent company, by an employee who knew enough to set our emails up, but that is it.
-Our emails are hosted through Host Color, and we use Cpanel Webmail to login to webmail.
-Normally I use Outlook 2013 for day-to-day email, my email is also setup on my android phone.
-I gather from my chats with the parent company's IT support that they use some type of salesforce integration service to generate the daily update emails from the intranet system.
-I am not going to be able to make the parent company change anything about the way they send their emails on my behalf. I have been told I am the only one with this problem. So a solution is only workable if it something I can do from my end as the receiver of the emails.

The delivery event details look like this (identifying info is redacted, anything blank was actually blank):

Code:
Event: rejected 
User: -remote -
Domain:
Sender: [EMAIL][email protected][/EMAIL]
Sent Time: Oct 26, 2015 12:54:12 PM
Sender Host: ######-########.saas.example.com
Sender IP:##.##.###.###
Authentication: unauthorized
Spam Score: 0
Recipient: [EMAIL][email protected][/EMAIL]
Delivery User: myusername
Delivery Domain: myorganizationsdomain.com
Delivered To:
Router: reject
Transport: **rejected**
Out Time: Oct 26, 2015 12:54:12 PM
ID: ######-######-##
Delivery Host: ######-########.saas.example.com
Delivery IP: ##.##.###.###
Size: 0 bytes
Result: Sender verify failed
Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You will need to contact your hosting provider and see if they can whitelist the server that's sending you email. Otherwise, have them review /var/log/exim_mainlog and let you know why the message was rejected so you can relay that information to company sending you the email.

Thank you.