The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emails marked as read once downloaded by POP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SIMBunch, May 1, 2014.

1. SIMBunch

SIMBunch Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I have 2 clients downloading emails from my server: 1 iPhone (POP) and 1 Thunderbird (IMAP). When the email account receives a new email, it appears unread on the Thunderbird (IMAP) client. However, once the same email is downloaded to the iPhone (POP) client, whether it's actually read or unread by the user, it's marked as read on Thunderbird.

I'm sure this is a simple setting to disable automatically mark emails as read once downloaded by POP, but I cannot find it somehow. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. SIMBunch

SIMBunch Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm afraid that's not possible. It is absolutely critical to my use case that any action done on the iPhone does not reflect on the mail server and does not affect any other IMAP accounts. I have switched the Thunderbird account to POP. It's not ideal but seems like my only available option here.

4. Mick Kitzen

Mick Kitzen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Simbunch! Have you solved this issue? Coping with the same thing. Very annoying. We're reading a mailbox with some employees in a company, so that everyone is up to date of the developments. Nevertheless only one needs to reply to the messages and therefor needs to no for sure when mails are unread or read by him personally...