Emails not forwarded if I am copied in

layo

Registered
Mar 11, 2021
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Some emails are not being forwarded to me. It appears that if I am CC'd into the email (rather than being the main recipient) then emails are not forwarded. Is there some setting I need to change so that all emails are forwarded?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I think I'd need some additional details in order to set up a test scenario on my end. If you were either the main recipient or one of the CCs of the message, a forward wouldn't be required. Can you get me more details on the situation you're experiencing?

layo

Registered
Mar 11, 2021
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, I have a webmail account and I have set emails sent to that account to be forwarded to my gmail account. If I am the main recipient, then webmail emails are forwarded to my gmail account without any problems. But if I am CC'd in emails sent to my webmail account, then the email is not forwarded to my gmail account.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. I would actually recommend deleting the webmail account and only having the forwarder in place. This way, there is no place for the email to be delivered on the cPanel server so it would all have to go through the forwarder. Could you try that and see if that gets things working better for you?