Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Emails Not Getting Sent

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by hadibutt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. hadibutt

hadibutt Member

I am pretty new to this , i rent out a linux cent os server with whm cpanel, i created a account for my domain shotpal.com , and then created a email noreply@shotpal.com , the problem is when i can receive emails but i can't send any email and when i try to send email through outlook it's gives the following error (see the jpeg) and when if i try to send email on abc@hotmail.com from my webmail , i don't receive any email on abc@hotmail.com , i asked my host he said that my smtp is working and everything is working but i still can't send emails.. do i have to edit dns records or mx records? or something else? which can solve this problem .... please help

Attached Files:

2. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Chances are that your ISP is blocking port 25 - I suggest going into WHM->Service Manager and ticking the box to run Exim on another port and try 26 as such: http://www.screen-shot.net/2010-04-03_1453.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hadibutt

hadibutt Member

i tried doing this but it didn't worked, could you possibly suggest me something else which can resolve this problem? is this possible i didn't resolved my domain correctly that's why it's creating problem? or i didn't put mx or dns entries in my server correctly ? i am new to this so i don't know about all this so much , Thank you so much for your answer....

4. hadibutt

hadibutt Member

Please somebody help me i am stucked badly....

5. MikeDVB

PartnerNOC

Have you tried sending/receiving via webmail?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hadibutt

hadibutt Member

ya i tried sending mail from webmail to but it's not getting sent... means if i send a email at abc@hotmail.com from my webmail , i don't receive any email on abc@hotmail.com ....

7. Vinu007

Vinu007 Member

You need to check DNS entries for your domain : shotpal.com

Make sure all the services are working fine. Example : httpd / named / exim / etc...

While checking I found an error : http://www.intodns.com/shotpal.com

Hope this will help. And further I would suggest you to ask your host to provide support regarding this issue.

8. hadibutt

hadibutt Member

Thank you, they are working now, but if i send a email to a gmail id i receive that email in bulk, but on hotmail and yahoo is rejecting my email, i can't see the email in bulk even, any solution?

9. MikeDVB

PartnerNOC

Make sure you have email authentication enabled (SPF, DomainKeys) and that your PTR record is correct.

If it's getting rejected - check the mail logs and find out why.

/var/log/exim_mainlog

Send the mail with a specific subject and then you can find it like this:

cat /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep "TheSubjectLineHere"

Once you find it you will then grep again by the ID of the message.