Emails not sending to Hotmail

stuuyh

Registered
Mar 31, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

so this morning i received an email of which i replied to (hotmail) i noticed it did not send and came and said `mail delivery failed` This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

Now last week i emailed this address with no issues at all, i have tried multiple hotmail accounts with the same issue, I can send emails to yahoo/gmail with no issues.

Can anyone shed any light please.

stuuyh

Registered
Mar 31, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
this seems to be a ban by rbl, have you tried checking your ip in mxtoolbox or similar tools?
I contacted Microsoft regarding this, they replied very quickly stating that off hand they can see nothing which would prevent my emails from reaching their customers, so Im assuming my IP is clear. Im fairly new to this so I dont really know what to check next, All i know is that a few days ago i was able to send emails to hotmail/outlook with no issues whatsoever

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I'm not sure where, based on the information provided it was deemed this was a ban from an RBL. @stuuyh you can double-check this using a site like MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox to ensure that you're not blocked.

There are a multitude of reasons why an email would be blocked including issues on your own server as well as hotmail. As your profile indicates you're a website owner which presumes cPanel access only, you can see mail delivery information within cPanel by going to cPanel>>Email>>Track Delivery
This should get you some information on what the status code sent to the server was. IF you're unable to determine the issue from that, you'd need to discuss this with your hosting provider further.

stuuyh

Registered
Mar 31, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm not sure where, based on the information provided it was deemed this was a ban from an RBL. @stuuyh you can double-check this using a site like MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox to ensure that you're not blocked.

There are a multitude of reasons why an email would be blocked including issues on your own server as well as hotmail. As your profile indicates you're a website owner which presumes cPanel access only, you can see mail delivery information within cPanel by going to cPanel>>Email>>Track Delivery
This should get you some information on what the status code sent to the server was. IF you're unable to determine the issue from that, you'd need to discuss this with your hosting provider further.
Everything is coming back OK from MX lookup

I have just tried to send an email again and this is what i get in the Track Delivery

1585762035822.png

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
So looks like the original assumption was correct, this is an RBL block but it's not necessarily your IP. It's your provider's IP block. You need to discuss this with your provider to resolve.