Emails POP not remove from the server

arcilio

Jun 11, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Guys,

Even when I set the email to pop, emails remain on the server, and when you access the account via webmail, they are there. It was not to be removed from the server?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

What specific email client are you using? Are you sure you are not enabling any options in your email client that keep the messages stored on the server after downloading them? Does the issue occur with an alternative email client (e.g. Thunderbird)?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Browse to "Account Settings > Server Settings" in your Thunderbird email client. Check to make sure "Leave Messages On Server" is disabled. Also, ensure it's using POP and not IMAP.

Thank you.

arcilio

Jun 11, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Browse to "Account Settings > Server Settings" in your Thunderbird email client. Check to make sure "Leave Messages On Server" is disabled. Also, ensure it's using POP and not IMAP.

Thank you.
Now work's. Thank you. It's a special config of Cpanel? I can disable it and work how a normal pop?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Now work's. Thank you. It's a special config of Cpanel? I can disable it and work how a normal pop?
No, this is a configuration associated with your email client as opposed to cPanel.

Thank you.