The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emails to cpanel username @ domain fails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by harpon, Jun 23, 2007.

1. harpon

harpon Active Member

Hello.

Recently, i've been seeing emails to the cpanel username @ domain fail.

For example, if the cpanel username is abc123 - any emails to the default email account of abc123@domain.com fail.

All other email accounts are fine from the looks of it, it's just the emails to the default cpanel accounts that are failing.

I'm getting the following on every cpanel username default email account :

R=virtual_aliases: No Such User Here

I've got :fail set as the default for all accounts and i'm running the latest current build of cPanel 11 as well as Chirpy's mailscanner package (awesome by the way) with spamassassin.

I've also found that fantastico has started emailing the default address if any scripts installed with fanstactico are outdated. This happens every day and the queue is filling up with these emails really quickly.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried searching for a few days, but nothing has helped.

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

3. harpon

harpon Active Member

default email account

When creating a new account, it creates a default email address of username@domain.com and there is a mailbox for that email address yet emails to that address fail. If the email and mailbox exist, it shouldn't fail.

I'm sure it's something with exim and the rules for it to fail emails to virtual_aliases

4. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    user@`hostname`

is the correct email path for the main account.

5. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think this is related to the recent Fantastico updates. I believe WebScHoLaR is correct. It should be going to username@hostname or better yet going to the actual contact e-mail address set for that account on the server. However, this is not the place to discuss Fantastico issue or bugs, you need to do so at the Fantastico Forums.

However, the original poster did not say that this was related to Fantastico, but I suspect that that is the case.