The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.eml file problems - cpanel_exim_system_filter keeps resetting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zerokarma, Dec 18, 2008.

1. zerokarma

zerokarma Active Member

On my server I have unblocked the .eml file extension as outlined in the thread below by editing the /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter file.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=70037

The problem however is that every once in a while the /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter seems to reset back to the default config on its own. The modified /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter file disappears and it goes back to the original default config file.

How can I stop this from happening?

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As root:

Code:
    cp /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_without_eml

Then edit /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_without_eml to your liking

Then log in to WHM, go to Exim Configuration Editor. Under the Filters section edit the System Filter File to be /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_without_eml. Then select Save.

Obviously, if a Cpanel update occurs that changes /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter, you may not know about it and may miss something important. But at least this way your EMLs will continue to be blocked.

I do this vvery same thing, but I make it part of my regular maintenance to periodically check the /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter to see if it has updated. If it has, I then may go in and repeat this process.

Mike