The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty Raw Access Logs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MajorWoody, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MajorWoody

MajorWoody Member

Hi All,

I've got an account that always produces empty logs from the "Raw Access Logs" section.

I deleted and recreated the account and it's still not producing logs. I even deleted, renamed and restored the data (by hand :eek:) and that didn't work.

I've check a handful of other accounts, including an account i created today and they are all producing logs.

Any clue what is going on? Thanks!

2. mani123

mani123 Registered

same issue here.. any help ?

3. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

First, make sure the log file is not created with bad permissions. If that's the case delete it and restart apache.

If that's not the problem, take a look at /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
    Compare the section for the account that's not working (post it here if you want) to the section for an account that is working. Especially the CustomLog lines. That's what determines how logs are done, so most likely it's a problem there.

4. MajorWoody

MajorWoody Member

The problem for me was how my user was accessing his site. He was using the /~username method rather then to his direct subdomain. So all the logs were dumping into my main domain's account.