The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable BoxTrapper for single domain !!

Discussion in 'Security' started by furquan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have disabled BoxTrapper following the instructions of the CSF firewall.

But there are a few customers of mine who need this feature, hence i wanted to know if and how can this be done ?

Any assistance !!!!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sure it can, but not without a few extra steps.

Boxtrapper will need enabled again in Tweak Settings to start with.

The Boxtrapper icon in cPanel is shown or hidden by the Feature Manager list.

A Feature List is selected when you create a Package

So, to do what you'd like to do, you'll need to first create a new Feature List.

In WHM > Packages > Feature Manager, Add a New Feature List, give it a name like, defaultwithBT and click Add.

Next, create a New Package, for example calling it package1withBT so that you know what Package it is, and select the Custom Feature List you just created. Be mindful here that whatever the users Package has now, you'll want to duplicate all settings for it on this new Package. So when you upgrade the account, the only thing thats actually upgraded, is the Feature List associated with that Package.

Next, WHM > Account Functions > Upgrade/Downgrade an Account, select the account that needs Boxtrapper, find the New Package you created with Boxtrapper below, select and hit the Upgrade button.

Now that account, using that Feature List should be able to have access to Boxtrapper.

Be sure the Default Feature List that the rest of your clients is using, has the Boxtrapper option unchecked of course.

I think that should work. :)