crazyaboutlinux

Nov 3, 2007
For new accounts you can enable/disable it to fail from WHM->Tweak Settings under Mail Section.
If you want to switch to :fail: your current accounts try this script from Chirpy
http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=30987
Hi Vision

Thanks for your reply, i know this for new accounts, all accounts are all ready disabled but somehow it's enabled it self & i don't know how ? so i just want to make sure which settings can do this ??

& i m not familiar about scripting so i don't want to go through Chirpy this is very risky

there is must be a script which can disable default address together.

crazyaboutlinux

Nov 3, 2007
I think you didn't get me

suppose i wish to fix quota issue for all users so i use # /scripts/fixquotas/

same thing as i wish to fix default address to fail for all users so which script to be used ?

# /scripts/???

hope this clears

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

same thing as i wish to fix default address to fail for all users so which script to be used ?

# /scripts/???

hope this clears
For all current users, you can run chirpy's script and set default address to :fail:.
For all new users, you can select "fail" for the option
==
"Default catch-all/default address behavior for new accounts. "fail" is usually the best choice if you are getting mail attacks."
==

in "WHM >> Tweak Settings >> Mail" section. This way, both new and old accounts will have default address set to fail.
Lastly you can uncheck "Default Address Manager" in "WHM >> Packages >> Feature Manager" so that cPanel users cannot change their default address.

Last edited:

PlatinumServerM

PartnerNOC
Jul 10, 2005
New Jersey, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

# /scripts/???

hope this clears
There is no script that comes with cpanel to convert existing accounts. You need to use the script found on the forums here by chirpy to do it.

crazyaboutlinux

Nov 3, 2007
There is no script that comes with cpanel to convert existing accounts. You need to use the script found on the forums here by chirpy to do it.
Hi Dear,

thanks for clarification

as i m not familiar with scripting so if anyone know please tell me exact location/path to do it