The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable DomainKeys for Addon Domains?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tndrbx, Dec 1, 2010.

1. tndrbx

tndrbx Registered

I've looked around, but can't find an answer to this. I'm setting up a client's secondary domain (an Addon Domain) for them to use with an emailing service. I'd like to be able to enable DomainKeys for this Addon Domain, but it appears like that's only a function that applies to the main domain of a user account. There also doesn't appear to be any way to do it in WHM.

So this brings to mind a question for all my clients accounts: is enabling DomainKeys only possible on the main domain for each account?

2. swinghosting

swinghosting Registered

I am wondering the very same thing myself. I found I can create SPF records for parked/addon/sub-domains manually of course, but not Domain Keys.:confused:

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

When I run the following:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer username
    The addon domain is also set to have DomainKeys for it in my testing. You can have all users enabled for DomainKeys using this command:

Code:
    for i in `ls /var/cpanel/users` ;do /usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer $i ;done
    You might want to check into creating a /scripts/postwwwacct script to automatically enable DomainKeys for new accounts as well on account creation.

Thanks.