Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Enable FTP for a suspended account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fahad2926, May 14, 2019.

1. fahad2926

fahad2926 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    One of the website hosted on my WHM contains phishing content, I have suspended the account, but due to suspension the ftp account is also suspended, Now i want to enable only FTP so that my client can remove such stuff.

I am using v78.0.23, I searched on forums and found that sign of exclamation (!!) is added in etc/vft/user_account_file, but unfortunately i was unable to find such sign in my case most probably its due to the version issue. On the other hand i found the same signs in etc/shadow file, i have removed the signs but it did not work.

Is there any solution to it?

#1 fahad2926, May 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @fahad2926

The documentation on Account Suspension would be useful in this case: Manage Account Suspension - Version 80 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Specifically:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...