The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable Mbstring in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gversion, Sep 28, 2010.

1. gversion

gversion Registered

Hello,

I am trying to install SugarCRM on my dedicated server, however in order to do so need to install and enable MB Strings.

I can see that this can be done through EasyApache but I am concerned that if I rebuild Apache and PHP my websites will be deleted. Ideally I just want to rebuild PHP on its own but I can't see how to do this.

Can someone please tell me how to enable MB Strings without risking losing my data?

Thank you,
    Greg

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    EasyApache will not delete your Web sites

EasyApache does not affect your Web site data. It rebuilds Apache and PHP, including the configuration files for Apache and PHP, but this will not affect your sites' actual data.

EasyApache backs up the existing Apache and PHP installation before starting a build. If anything happens that causes Apache to not restart after the build, EasyApache will automatically restore the backed-up versions of Apache and PHP, so there is very little risk of down time, and no risk that your sites' data will be edited or deleted.