Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Enable Reverse DNS

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by NDanecker, Sep 3, 2010.

1. NDanecker

NDanecker Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I asked my ISP to forward all reverse requests for my full class c to my ns1 and ns2 servers.

I created a reverse zone for my IP class 223.133.216.in-addr.arpa.

I also created a PTR record for each IP to be looked up.

But I am unable to get a response when I run the host command on the server.

Do I need to enable something else in exim or somewhere else to enable rDNS?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NDanecker

NDanecker Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I added 127.0.0.1 to local resolv.conf file to see if my whm-dns server itself can resolve the IP and it does work so it doesn't appear to be a setting on WHM.

I called MegaPath (T1 provider) and they stated they are unable to grant full access to me for the full class c and that I'll have to slave my dns for them.

Isn't this a 'pull' done on their side from my NS1 and NS2 (whm-dns server) and not something I can or need to setup on my end???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...