The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling / Confirming Jumbo Frames in cPanel 11.34.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobcdi, Jan 21, 2013.

1. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

How do I go about confirming jumbo frames is enabled or enabling it on the server nics on a cPanel 11.34 server?
    Are there any problems with enabling it if my network infrastructure supports its ?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would need to ask your network administrator about this. This is not something that cPanel has any setting for or any control over. It is an operating system- and network-level issue not related to cPanel.

3. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

If everything outside of the server itself supports it can cPanel make use of it and do I need to configure anything if I'm using the cPanel CentOS and cPanel provides the updates?

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Jumbo frames are involved at a different layer in the OSI seven-layer model from applications like the cPanel service and services it controls. cPanel is at layer 7 (applications), while frames are at layer 2 (data link). cPanel and its services would not have any knowledge of whether jumbo frames are enabled or not, and it would not make any difference to them.

All cPanel and its services need is a good network connection. It is up to the server and network administrator to configure that connection. This is a hardware/operating system/network issue, not a cPanel issue.