The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling GD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brianc_oz, Aug 24, 2003.

1. brianc_oz

brianc_oz Registered

Hi, It seems like GD (a graphics subsystem) is disabled in PHP 4.3.2, the most recent rebuild of Apache.

Can anyone tell me how I can let my users enable this on a per user basis? I've tried putting various things in a php.ini file in the same directory as the .php files and not been successful up to now (ie: extension=gd.so).

I'm sure it's easy, I must just be missing something! :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Brian

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

If you use EasyApache to rebuild, and add GD you will get it back. You could use Update Apache in WHM or the /scripts/easyapache option.

Brenden

3. brianc_oz

brianc_oz Registered

Re: Re: Enabling GD

Thanks Taz, I'm a bit lost as to what this actually means, in particular how do I "add GD"? Edit something in /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/php-4.3.2?

Once I've done that, it seems simple to just select the WHM "Update Apache" option (which fails to ask for confirmation before doing something rather risky!!) or /scripts/easyapache, I assume shutting down Apache first.

The real question is, is GD actually present in PHP or not? phpinfo() says no, and I'm not sure whether that's simply because its a module that I can include that isn't yet included (and how is that done?). I can see the libgd.so dynamically loadable library under /home/cpapachebuild so it is definitely getting compiled. It would be much easier to leave things alone and just turn it on for a single user. Has anyone else run into this -- people using GD who suddenly can't?

Thanks,

Brian