The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling Hotlink Protection in cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bad Dobby, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Bad Dobby

Bad Dobby Registered

Hi ... I have been trying for over a year to get hotlinking protection enabled .. but regardless of any combination of settings, other sites are still hotlinking. What is the secret combo on settings to get this to work.

In my cPanel .. it is very confusing .. not to mention that the instructions contradict themselves ... even words spelled incorrectly.

Anyway .. it doesn't work and my Web Host provider says they do not know what to do.

Any advice?

EDIT .. after running a search here at cPanel forums .. it is clear that the cPanel feature DOES NOT WORK for hotlink protection ... and that is why my web host does not know what to do. Drats

When will cPanel address this? So that it works cleanly from the cPanel without all the workarounds that are being mentioned?

#1 Bad Dobby, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Hi Bad Dobby,

Try to set rewrite rules for hotlink protection in your apache or htaccess file. This might help you to sort out this issue.

Regards,
    :)

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

As well, check the changelogs. Many of the bugs that have been recently discussed here at the forum are now being addressed.

Could it be.... 9.x.x -Stable real soon?:)