Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling PHP-FPM in MultiPHP Manager

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Richard Edwards, Nov 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Richard Edwards

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hmm, today I set it back to use PHP-FPM in the UI and it works ok.

I was setting it up as per the guide in the documentation rather than just setting it to 'On' in WHM MultiPHP.

Does setting it as 'On' in MultiPHP create all the files and sockets as needed? Maybe there was a clash when I created the files manually?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you verify you are referring to the PHP-FPM User Pools - Documentation - cPanel Documentation document? If so, could you verify the specific steps you took?

Thank you.

3. Richard Edwards

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I took the exact steps there for php56, everything exactly as it says with the right user and domain used in filenames.

When I enabled it again yesterday and thought it was working, it turns out it was not. My blog started throwing all sorts of PHP errors about strict standards, yet it was the same PHP version as before. If I turn on PHP-FPM in WHM for my site, I get strict/deprecated errors, if I turn it off I don't. This seem wrong, PHP-FPM should be in no way effecting the rules and configuration of my PHP files.

Deprecated: Non-static method Concrete5_Model_Config::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pixelhero/public_html/concrete/core/models/user.php on line 103

Strict Standards: Declaration of Concrete5_Model_Page::add() should be compatible with Concrete5_Model_Collection::add($data) in /home/pixelhero/public_html/concrete/core/models/page.php on line 12

Strict Standards: Declaration of Concrete5_Model_Page::duplicate() should be compatible with Concrete5_Model_Collection::duplicate() in /home/pixelhero/public_html/concrete/core/models/page.php on line 12

Deprecated: Non-static method Concrete5_Model_CollectionVersion::get() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pixelhero/public_html/concrete/core/models/collection.php on line 32

These are not showing when I disable PHP-FPM.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Richard,

I've moved these posts into a separate thread to ensure it's handled appropriately.

Internal case EA-5425 is open to address an issue where the default PHP-FPM configuration values override the global php.ini configuration values. I'll update this thread with more information on the status of this case as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to manually edit the PHP-FPM configuration file for the domain name.

Edit: Updated Instructions

The instructions for making changes to specific domain's pool are documented at:

PHP-FPM and EasyApache 4 - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

In particular, this is the file path to edit:

Code:
    /var/cpanel/userdata/[user]/[domain].php-fpm.yaml
    This document provides information about how to formulate the custom entries:

Configurations Values of PHP-FPM - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Then, after making those changes to the YAML file, run the following command:

Code:
    /scripts/php_fpm_config --rebuild --domain=domain
    This script is documented at:

The php_fpm_config Script - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

#4 cPanelMichael, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016