The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling Spamassassin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by troubleshooter, Sep 6, 2003.

1. troubleshooter

HI all,

I enabled SpamAssassin on several domains using cpanel each time. When I enabled it on the different domains, I got the standard output screen that indicated it was enabled, but it doesn't seem to be working. I was under the impression that SpamAssassin would put headers in the emails and mark e-mails as spam. Am I wrong on this? Nothing is getting marked as spam and there are no headers in any of the e-mails.

I've taken a look at the .spamassassinenable file and it's empty. I've done a search on Google for .spamassassinenable, but only came up with one hit which didn't tell me a whole lot. Should it have content or is the presence of the file what enables Spam Assassin? If it's just the presence of the file, then can anybody give me any hints about starrting to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Terry

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

There should be no content in that hidden file. That tells the mail system that spam assassin is enabled on your account. You should look at ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs that holds the config data for your account. cPanel also has a web based config tool for spam assassin.

3. troubleshooter

Thanks for the confirmation. Turns out there was some kind of "corruption" and Spam Assassin was upgraded and now it's working great. I would have liked a little better explanation from the admin than just "corruption" but....

Terry