The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

end-user help or support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rivtech, Mar 26, 2002.

1. rivtech

rivtech Registered

:p
    If Cpanel.net doesn't offer direct support to the end-user and the hosting service who provided me with the Cpanel doesn't offer direct support for the Cpanel who do I turn to??

I am having problems with the counters. I have 2 accounts sitting on 2 different servers with them. One server's cgi counter works,however it won't reset the counter. the other doesn't work gives an error message about not writing. However if I create a counter on the other server and put it on my website on the other server it works. Whew .... does that make sense??

My hosting company replied that they could only contact the cpanel programmers for a fix , hopefully. I also had a mjor problem with FormMail but finally figured out what to do after looking in the forum and found a great explaination. Still searching for counter info. Any new counters available? I would like to see something patriotic.

Cpanel directed me to the support forum or buy a license? Why would I want to buy a license if I am only an end user??

Can someone point me in a direction?

Thanks
    Vicki
    www.rivtech.net

2. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Get a licence from a Distributor who will offer you support. Sounds like who ever you distributor is, doesnt have to much knowledge about the back end of cpanel/whm.

DarkORB probably forwared'd you to the buy license page so that you could purchase a license from sombody who offers you support.

If you want i can take a look at it for a small price :) Give me a email with ip root pass and a better description of the problem, if i cant fix it then i wont charge you and if it's somthing stupid that was a easy fix i also wont charge you.

Shaun.Murphy@ochosting.com

3. rivtech

rivtech Registered

counter error on webpage

Hello Shaun,

I have replied using the pm button but it is sitting in my outfolder sigh!

anyway .... can you give me a clue why the error occurs

could not write to counter file:/var/cpanel/Counters/rivtechindex.dat

the webhost doesn't have a clue.

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:ca2e53128d][i:ca2e53128d]Originally posted by rivtech[/i:ca2e53128d]

Hello Shaun,

I have replied using the pm button but it is sitting in my outfolder sigh!

anyway .... can you give me a clue why the error occurs

could not write to counter file:/var/cpanel/Counters/rivtechindex.dat

the webhost doesn't have a clue.[/quote:ca2e53128d]

If using suexec, chown it your user. If not chown it to nobody.

5. shannon

shannon Well-Known Member

I just encountered something very similar on my server, the .dat file was chown'd as nobody:nobody, even though our server uses suexec? Is there a way to fix this? Rather annoying if everytime a client wants to create a counter they have to get us to re-chown the file to their username. :(

6. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

I fixed this problem for rivtech over email. The issue with him was that he was on a shared server and for some reason his Host didnt know how to fix.

If suexec is enabled then you need to chown your counter to your user name.

chown user.user /dir/file

also the perms should be either 0755 or 0750