The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ending a whm/cpanel subscription

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bradl3y, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Bradl3y

Bradl3y Member

We are running cpanel/whm on one dedicated server and we are very happy with it and will continue to be a paying subscriber.

Our new server we do need apache and most of those services installed the same way but we do not need the management features of cpanel for more than a 1 times use. If we subscribe to cpanel on this server to get everything installed and so we can configure everything with cpanel, and if we end our subscription, will all of the software such as apache and pure-ftpd continue to function. I asked my host (hostdime.com) and they said they were unsure and that they thought it might lock out all of the [free] software. I wanted to be sure, because if thats the case I will manually install and configure the required software on this second server.

2. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

If im correct everything continues to work, however when you login to whm or cpanel it says your licsen has expired and you can not go any further.

However the rest continues to work, this is what happened to me before anyway.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In the past, allowing your license to lapse would prevent some services from running up. You should check with cPanel as you may well be in breach of their license agreement if you do this.