The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enormous spam stays in NEW folder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveldesign, Oct 12, 2007.

1. daveldesign

daveldesign Member

I have a real problem: i get lots of spam mails on my server and they stay there in the folder mail / new. They aren't getting detected because of their time-indication of the file; which is mostly in the past. After a few days, there are certainly 500 to 100 mails; also including good mails.

The reason why i have so much spam is that i have the word sex in my URL. But the website has nothing to do with sex ! I cannot change the name; it's my company's name.
    And i also cannot put the server-spam-filter on because I noticed that he hold also good mails.

What i want to do now is:
    Automatically forwards all the mail on the server to the mailmap of the user ! mail / user / new
    Then the user can read their mails and a spamfilter on the pc will select the right ones.
    There's only one user.

But i don't know how to make the forward. Can somebody help me ?
    If somebody has other ideas; please tell 'm to me

Thanks,

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You can set the spam filtering rules from SpamAssassin to filter out the emails you don't need. The rules can be set on email address, subject, body etc. Also check whether there is any catchall adderess set because any email sent anything@yourdomain will be accepted.

And what kind of forwarder you want to set? Explain...

3. daveldesign

daveldesign Member

All the mail comes now in the folder mail / new. Normally, the mail is detected here and placed inside the right folder of the user: mail / user / new.

Because of the spam, most of the mails are not detected in the folder mail / new.
    When i look to the time-marks of the mailfiles; they are already situated in the past by arrival !
    I don't know the reason of it; and i don't know eather if the map will be scanned on files with an older timestamp. The difference of the timestamp is 10 to 15 minutes.

The forwarding i want to make is: all the mail directly from mail / new to the map mail / user / new.

Now, i must go every day to my server to do it manually. A spamfilter like spamassassin didn't solve the problem.