The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ensim Pro to cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kensandell, Sep 23, 2003.

1. kensandell

kensandell Registered

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I currently run Ensim Pro 3.5.x and it sucks horribly. It is making me depressed. I have to go to therapy now and am suicidal. These people have ruined me.

I'm looking for cPanel to help me recover and become a normal person again with a normal life.

I read posts from last you that say an older version of Ensim could have been removed and one could install cPanel on top of it automatically while all accounts were converted, etc.

Would this work with version 3.5.x of Ensim Pro? Please respond as soon as possible, and with as much info as you can. Thank you very much.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. drak

drak Member

Me too - I recently applied the 3.5.18 Pro patch and they scewed my server one time too many now. I am seriously looking at cPanel but I want to know how well if at all you can migrate Ensim Pro 3.5.x to cPanel.

3. LiftNw8

LiftNw8 Registered

I just leased a new cPanel server, but have an Ensim Box to transfer accounts from as well, its Ensim Pro, how well does the migration work from one to the other.

4. Nodnarb

Nodnarb Member

I moved about 40 sites from an Ensim box and it was a breeze. Not sure about Ensim Pro, but with Ensim, you enable a root shell login, click on CPanel and tell it what box to log into. Then, it brings up a list of sites/accounts in Ensim to move. You select the sites on the old box, and click GO and it moves them. I moved from shared hosting to a RAQ a coulple of years ago, then from the RAQ to the Ensim in summer of 2002, then from Ensim to CPanel in August. The CPanel move was simple, easy and mindless compared to the others. Hopefully, the same applies to EnsimPro!?!

5. LiftNw8

LiftNw8 Registered

Unfortunately its not mindless, I tried several times with the scripts within cPanel to move sites, and it failed everytime. So unless I was doing something wrong it doesn't work at all.

6. Nodnarb

Nodnarb Member

My first guess would be that root login wasn't enabled on your old Ensim server. Until I opened that up, I had the same failures every time. (It wouldn't even bring up the site list on the old box.) But that was my fault, not Cpanel's. Once I had my Ensim set to allow root login access to Cpanel, it was a breeze!

7. drak

drak Member

It works well for Ensim 3.1.x
    It DOES NOT work for Ensim 3.5.x

8. Nodnarb

Nodnarb Member

Like I said, mine was Ensim (3.1.x) not Ensim Pro (3.5.x) -- And all I can say to the fact that it doesn't work with Ensim Pro - BUMMER! Because it's a breeze with plain Ensim.

9. LiftNw8

LiftNw8 Registered

How do you set it to allow root login access? I would love to check this and then try again, might help in a big way. Just to see if it still fails.

10. ahaley

ahaley Member

Hi
    Yes please if you can describe exactly how you enable root access on the ensim and then where in WHM you go to start the list sites.

I am about to do the move from Ensim 3.1.11 to cPanel.

I am a complete newbie really but I have managed to setup cPanel after the main install add in fantastico, hostadmin, a firewall and my own names servers so all I can say is cPanel must be really good because I ain't broke it yet.

Regards
    Andrew Haley
    :rolleyes:

11. Nodnarb

Nodnarb Member

Allow root login access:

cd /etc/ssh

pico sshd_config

(You may want to make a copy of this file before changing it-just in case you mess up something.)
    In sshd_config, locate "PermitRootLogin" line in Config and set to Yes then save the new config file.

Then, "/etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd restart" to restart sshd and you will be able to log into your box as root. (instead of logging in and then doing an su -)

Once that's done and verified, go to WHM and Copy files from another server, and enter your Ensim 3.1 server info. WHM will take you from there...

When finished, you may want to change "PermitRootLogin" back to no and restart sshd again.

12. vdomainhost

vdomainhost Member

I am having Ensim Pro 3.5.21-16
    , does it mean I am uanble to migrate the accounts over?

13. doug357

doug357 Registered

Bump, can ensim 3.5.x be migrated to cpanel?

14. cguimont

cguimont Well-Known Member

By looking at WHM,
    it seams to be supported