The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ensim transfers on WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.10.0-S16448

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by purplecp, Aug 21, 2007.

1. purplecp

purplecp Registered

I searched the forums and bugzilla.cpanel.net. Thought I'd ask here before submitting this as a possible bug:

I was trying to transfer accounts via WHM from an Ensim 3.5 Pro server using this recently updated 16448 (Release/Stable) build. The Release build before 16448 was working fine, I was able to transfer accounts a few weeks ago with no issues. Here's what I am now seeing:

1. mail is not properly transferred. Meaning, each users email should be put into something like

/home/ACCOUNT/mail/DOMAIN/user

but instead, ALL mail is just dumped in to the mail directory itself (/home/ACCOUNT/mail)

2. the email users are never created

3. the alias file is not fully processed in to the cpanel domain's "email forwarders" list (I'm only seeing a third get translated)

I've tried this from several different servers (dedicated and VPS cpanel boxes) that ALL have been auto updated to this new release build around 8/16/2007. They all exhibit this issue.

Again, the last Release build prior to 16448 (v11) was working fine for me. Even v10 Stable was fine. Now that STABLE and RELEASE are at 16448, I have no way to back out these version at any of my servers. And yes, I know one moral of the story is to disable the auto updates - even for Release/Stable. But hey, I figured a Stable build would not have broken this.

Any ideas? TIA

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks. We'll check on this today.

3. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

There are some other problems:

1. the data is from other domain example:
    domain a has data domain b and domain b has data domain d.....
    2. i am getting on the end of transfer invalid account.

Invalid Account Removing Copied Archive on remote server....
    Invalid Account

Done

4. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not following you on the above example. Could you expand on what you mean?

It looks like the incorrect user name is being sent to the remote host when it comes time to delete the tarball created on the remote host.

5. rachweb

It gets the wrong files. The files are from other domain then the domain that has been transferred

#5 rachweb, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  6. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

purplecp:

We were able to replicate the mail directory structure issues as well as the "Invalid Account" error message generated when attempting to remove the tarball on the remote Ensim server. We have submitted internal bug reports in regards those two issues and will be discussing a potential resolution with the developers.

7. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

rachweb:

What version of Ensim is the server running? (From where you are copying the accounts.)

Also, which files are being copied incorrectly, the entire /home/username directory, or more specifically the /mail, public_html, /etc directory.

Thank you in advance.

8. purplecp

purplecp Registered

cPanelAlex,

Thanks for the confirmation. It's been driving me crazy this week.

Were you able to confirm if mail aliases (eg, larger then 25) are fully translated/transferred to the accounts email "forwarders" list in cpanel? It was failing to process domains with large email alias lists.

Also, one observation about the mail dir issue: users with nested mailboxes within folders (sub dirs) suffered the most in terms of how much of their emails were not properly placed. I've gotten a hold of a cpanel 10 box with a stable build. It transfers mail dirs correctly except users with deep nested folders... so even going back to pre v11 WHM is not helping me. Sadly, this affects many of my current ensim users I'm trying to move.

If you need someone to test a potential fix for ensim 3.x, please contact me through the email addr in my contacts and/or PM me (if that works). I am trying to move domains from these ensim boxes within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks.

9. rachweb

4.0.3-22

only public html

10. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

purplecp:

I was able to replicate the issues on Ensim 4.0, if we do need access to a 3.5 server I will definitely get in touch with you privately.

In regards the mail aliases, could you please provide me a couple examples so I can try to replicate it. In addition to the length (25+) is there anything else relevant, ie foreign characters, etc

Thank you.

11. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

rachweb:

I have been trying to replicate your issue however unsuccessful.

The only variance that I see is that when using the copy multiple accounts functionality, the user created is based on the Ensim structure, hence 'site#' rather than the actual user name.

As far as the public_html content, I can't replicate any scenario where the data will get cross-referenced. Could you please open a support ticket so we can analyze your remote and target server configuration and potentially locate the culprit.

Thank you in advance.

12. rachweb

ticket 207870.

13. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Rach. QA is closely monitoring this.

14. rachweb

No Problem ;)

15. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

Rach:

We have found the culprit that was causing such misbehavior.

It was related to the fact that Ensim uses a chrooted environment, which allows you to create the same exact username for various accounts. Which was causing the cpmove files to append the content, having multiple sites home directory content into one account's home directory as an end result.

The ticket has more detailed information particular to your server.

16. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

purplecp/Rach/Everyone:

Simply wanted to follow up and let you know that we are actively working with the Developers in order to provide you fixes for these Ensim Transfer issues on the forthcoming builds.

Thank you for your patience and collaboration.

17. purplecp

purplecp Registered

cPanelAlex,

Any new status on if any updates will make it to Current or Edge releases anytime in the next week or two? I've been monitoring the changelogs and have not seen anything, nor a formal ticket filed in bugzilla - at least for my issue. This is backlogging the migration my ensim users over.

Also, as for the Ensim aliases (cPanel's email forwarders) not fully being migrated over to cPanel... it works on one Release-build server but not another (given the same domain to transfer). I'm having a hard time replicating this reliably to provide you any current examples.

Thanks.

18. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

purplecp:

The Developers are actively working on the Ensim issues, I opened internal bug reports.

We would like to see this resolved asap as much as you do.

As soon as we find the resolutions and make the proper code adjustments we will implement them on the new builds and add the proper changelog entries.

Thank you for your patience.