neeyee_xy

Registered
Feb 18, 2020
nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello everyone ,am new to cpanel ,am currently on a shared host. i just want to understand what is going on. Recently three days ago i just notices that my Entry process just increase to 14 of 20 and its not going down with 0 faults .i understand that EP the number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions, the website is not experience any high traffic, and i don't have any wordpress plugins, the website only have forms which capture data and use phpmailer to send confrimations. according to my findings some suggest some php script are in loop, but i have tried ,i can't find any..Can anyone point me the direction on what can be going on and where am getting it wrong here are the screen shot

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This is concurrent connections to apache, SSH and Cron Jobs, this means at that time you had 14 concurrent connections using one of these services. If you have shell access you can see currently running processes for your user by running something like:

Code:
ps faux |grep username
Because this is typically php-cgi usage you might check the error log in cPanel>>Metrics>>Errors to see if potentially you have scripts that are misbehaving. You can see your traffic in metrics as well.

The description of EP from CloudLinux is also informative:

Entry processes
Entry processes limit controls the number of entries into LVE. Each time a process 'enters' into LVE, we increment the counter. Each time process exits LVE, we decrement the counter. We don't count processes that are created inside LVE itself. It is also know as 'Apache concurrent connections' limit.

The process enter's into LVE when there is a new HTTP request for CGI/PHP.

This limit was created to prevent DoS attacks against web server. One of the fairly popular attacks is to tie up all the Apache connections by hitting some slow page on a server. Once all Apache slots are used up, no one else will be able to connect to the web server, causing it to appear to be down. The issue is worsened by CPU limits, as once site starts to get slow due to CPU limit – it will respond to requests slower and slower, causing more and more connections to be tied up.

To solve that, we have created entry processes (often called concurrent connections) limit. It will limit the number of concurrent connections to Apache, causing web server to serve error 508 page ( Resource Limit Reached), once there number of concurrent requests for the site goes above the limit.

hmaddy

May 6, 2020
Chennai
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Here also facing the same issue. Process entry changed to 40. But still its facing the same error.

Error log

[Wed Jul 28 05:35:21.713987 2021] [:error] [pid 3687381] [client 122.173.31.192:22098] [client 122.173.3.192] ModSecurity: Warning. Match of "rx \\\\.(jpg|jpeg|png|webp|gif|pdf)$" against "FILES:nvspfile" required. [file "/etc/apache2/conf.d/modsec_vendor_configs/imunify360-full-apache/002_i360_1_infectors.conf"] [line "131"] [id "33341"] [msg "IM360 WAF: Block file upload for Infectors||T:APACHE||SC:/home/milas/public_html/admin/terdet.php||User:milanpri||"] [severity "DEBUG"] [tag "service_i360"] [hostname "abcd.com"] [uri "/admin/terdet.php"] [unique_id "YQDsmJ42OcRulBUgys89SAAAAGw"], referer: https://abcd.com/admin/manual.php