The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ePrism/RedCondor Setup Info

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dcsun, Nov 29, 2012.

1. dcsun

dcsun Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I searched around quite a bit and didn't see any answers to a few of my questions, so after figuring out the solutions by trial and error I thought I'd post the info here in case anyone else comes across the same problems in the future. If you're not aware of what ePrism/RedCondor is, it's an offsite email filtering system, along the lines of Postini, but also does virus, phishing, etc -- the company's name is EdgeWave (I'm not affiliated with them in any way).

So after the normal setup of MX records to direct all mail to their servers, I used the following settings:

- in Exim Configuration Manager under the Access Lists section in the "Only-verify-recipient" field I added the IP block they provide (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/21). I used that field rather than the one below so that it can still attempt verification of whether a box exists or not.

- in the account's MX record section, although it's set to have external mail servers, you still have to set it to "Local Mail Exchanger", otherwise it won't accept the filtered mail that they send back.

- in the Mailbox Discovery settings on the ePrism site I used the "Default SMTP VRFY" option, so it automatically sets up mailboxes that are valid.

Hope that saves someone a bit of hair pulling!

Dave

2. dcsun

dcsun Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just a quick follow up to this. It does work properly with CPanel/WHM, and the product is decent enough (admin interface is kinda scary), but they're insane to try and do business with. I ended up going with MailScanner and ClamAV, seems to be working out quite well. Doesn't look as professional to the client with a management report email and things like that, but I also don't have to charge him a bunch of money for it (ePrism was going to be $20/year/mailbox with 20 box minimum).