The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 550 - Cannot route to sender address?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snide, Jun 29, 2003.

1. snide

snide Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Sorry to trouble everyone, but I have recently started having some major problems with my server email. The basic rundown on my situation is as follows:

Email for the server works great. All user messages, as well as admin emails work fine.

My datacenter notifies me that they have setup rDNS for my server IP.

Several hours later, my mail stops working.

I have everything setup as I imagine it should be, have triple-checked all the conf files, log files, etc, but see nothing especially out of the ordinary.

The log for my mail system keeps showing Error 550 cannot route to sender address.

After I made a few changes to make sure everything was running as it should, it now seems that I can receive mail through my server if it's coming from something like Hotmail or a Yahoo account. If I try to email admin@mydomain or from my regular ISP email or an email account on another server, nothing comes through and I see an error - this isn't the case from a Yahoo or Hotmail account.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Would anyone be willing to show me a copy of their exim.conf, their PTR setups, or any other options/setups that they are using on a working system?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    snide Support Ticket Number: Support Ticket Number:
  2. concreteman

concreteman Well-Known Member

May 22, 2003
    sillycone valley