The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Error] Addon Domain default page and 403 errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maverick4283, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick4283

Maverick4283 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have added 2 new addon domains to my current working account. The main account still works fine, I have located my addon domains inside my public_html so i am able to navigate to the index.html by going to my main domain and going to the path. But when i attempt to use the addon domain it just directs me to the default cpanel page (involved-security.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi). If i go to involved-security.com/index.php i just get a 403 error. My htaccess file has been cleared and i even tried -index but still 403. I checked my httpd.conf and for the addon domains the ip and docoument roots are correct. I have also restarted the server mutable times. I am useing cloud flare with all my domains but i have it just as a DNS server for my addon one at this time.

Please tell me what information yall need if any to help.

2. Greenhost

Greenhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems you don't published your website in the correct folder.
    You must have this path "public_html=>involved-security.com/" go there and upload involved-security.com's file there. And or go to the "domains=>addon domains" click on your involved-security.com and check the value of "Document Root". You should publish your site on Document Root's value.

#2 Greenhost, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. Greenhost

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. Maverick4283

Maverick4283 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No you do not have to use the default folder that Cpanel suggests, when i was creating the addon domain i changed the Document Root , and as i said it is correct in the HTTPD config and in the FTP.

5. Maverick4283

Maverick4283 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I am sure that i added the addon domain correct, And i know the dns records are pointed at the server.

I posted here because the domain is pointing at my server and the root of the domain does start at the folder i set on my file system. But it is still showing the default page and shows a 403 message if i try to access the files. For example you will get a 403 if you try to go to involved-security.com/index.php, And if you just go to involved-security.com it shows you the cpanel default page.

6. Greenhost

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm completely sure you don't have index.php in the right path that you defined on "Document Root".

check the bellow addresses you'll give the same error.
    involved-security.com/default.php
    involved-security.com/default.html

Go to your cpane=>domains=>addon domains=>yourAddonDomain and tell us the value of "Document Root". You should upload your file there(check the picture)
    addon1.png

7. Maverick4283

Maverick4283 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I know how to check my document root and make sure my files are in the correct location, the reasion i am posting here is i have checked all the settings in side cpanel and whm and the domain and DNS records are showing correct, the domain is pointing at my servers IP address, and i am getting no errors in the apache logs. As for my document root i have files index.html and index.php in there, the current location is public_html/testing and my index files are located in /home/user/public_html/testing/index.[php|html] so as i said before the files are in the correct location.

I Just created a new account for one of the 2 new domains and it is the same problem, so i have no clue now.....

EDIT:

Ok, now it looks like if i use the index.html it forces to the default page but if i create a file called default.html i can access it now (before it was showing 403 when i tryed)

What has been changed:
    Cpanel reinstalled to the CURRENT build
    Domain moved to own account

EDIT:EDIT..

And before you say check you .htaccess i did, and i even removed it and then tried edit it to have +indexs

#7 Maverick4283, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  8. Greenhost

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, I recommended you to check .htaccess file if you have in the location.
    You should rename that file and check it again.

9. cPMarkF

cPMarkF Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Turns out it was just a permissions error on the public_html directory under the account. All resolved. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.