The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error after editing in "Text Editor". Help me, please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Victoriana, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Victoriana

Victoriana Member

I usually update my website everyday. Never a problem after editing and saving in the TEXT EDITOR of my LEGACY FILE MANAGER. But....today, everything has changed.:( Now, when I edit, save, and then check my website to see how it looks.....I see an "error" message in the bottom left corner of my browser. I've only edited 2 pages of my website today. This error message only shows up on those 2 particular pages. The other pages on my website are fine. I'm afraid to edit them because I don't want any more error messages on my site. It looks unprofessional and scares away visitors.:eek:

When I right-click on the yellow "exclamation mark" error sign, it says that the error is line 99 character 1. I've tried to change my character encoding to iso 8859-1 but this is still happening. I've noticed that the characters like "quotation marks" and "apostrophe marks" are showing up as different characters in my html script....but meanwhile show up perfectly normal on the site.

The only time the error message goes away is when I refresh the page. Next time I visit that page....it's back. Strange...

Please help me. What can I do to fix it? Everything usually works perfectly in my "Legacy" file manager. I just don't understand...:confused:

2. chakarinet

chakarinet Registered

Hi Victoriana did you manage to work this out as I have a similar problem, If I create pages in Dreamweaver and FTP them up, and the look fine. When I use the HTML Editor and save then the phone numbers disappear. The code looks fine and no matter what I do I cannot get the phone number to show and I get an error message in the bottom left corner.

3. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Please open a ticket @ https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

This is usually a character set problem, but it would be impossible to determine the actual cause without looking at the file in detail.

Thanks