The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error after update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danival, Oct 30, 2012.

1. danival

danival Registered

Hello,

I updated my whm today, and now I have the following error after login:

not a reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 171
    Carp::croak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 76
    Storable::logcroak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 303
    Storable::_store_fd('CODE(0x19f0c70)', 'whmcommand:Account_Function', 'GLOB(0x1e459c0)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 295
    Storable::nstore_fd('whmcommand:Account_Function', 'GLOB(0x1e459c0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 171
    Cpanel::CachedDataStore::loaddatastore('/var/cpanel/whm/nvdata/root.yaml', 0, 'HASH(0x1e46820)', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 39
    Cpanel::CachedDataStore::load_ref('/var/cpanel/whm/nvdata/root.yaml', 'HASH(0x1e46820)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 29
    Cpanel::CachedDataStore::fetch_ref('/var/cpanel/whm/nvdata/root.yaml') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/NVData.pm line 41
    Whostmgr::NVData::get_ref() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 435
    main::themecommand_tmpl('main') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 252

Any info to me help?

Thank you

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Two things you might try, force an update again to make sure all new files were properly carried over in the update and put in place. And, try clearing your browser and start a new session to login to your WHM.

Is the server software up to date on this server?

3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

Same here on multiple servers, apparently Perl is broken in the last update (I'm using STABLE branch).

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It appears your UI Preferences file is corrupt. Try renaming /var/cpanel/whm/nvdata/root.yaml, then re-login to WHM.

5. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

here is more from the broken Perl:

Code:
    Net::OSCAR could not be loaded: List::Util object version 1.21 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.25 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 94.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/OSCAR.pm line 128.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/OSCAR.pm line 128.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 3) line 1.

6. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That is a separate issue. It stems in part from a bug in cPanel & WHM (all versions) and CentOS releasing an update of perl. You should open a support ticket (https://support.cpanel.net) to get this resolved.

7. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yeah. It seems to be related to the recent update in CentOS. If your /etc/yum.conf is empty, then you need to repair / reinstall perl to fix this issue.

Cheers!!!