The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error DBI Connect

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by gestinfo, Feb 12, 2012.

1. gestinfo

gestinfo Member

i will receive message from my server ,, and i dont know what i need to do ? ..

First Message.:

Head.: Cron <root@node> /usr/bin/test -x /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache && /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache

Message .: DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 104 at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache line 67 Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache line 68.

Second message
    header.: Cron <root@node> /usr/bin/test -x /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache && /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache

Message .: DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache line 67 Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache line 68.

some people help to me ,,,

Thanks ,,

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello gestinfo,

In root SSH, can you connect to MySQL in command line with this command:

Code:
    mysql
    If you cannot connect, try resetting the root MySQL password in WHM to see the results in WHM > SQL Services > MySQL Root Password area. If you receive any error message there, please post it here.

If the password reset doesn't work for root MySQL user to gain access to command line for MySQL using "mysql" in root SSH, please let us know.

Thanks!