The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error (domain belongs to another user) when trying to "addon" domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mmmaria, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Mmmaria

Mmmaria Member

I'm a client at acehost.com and I've been trying to get an issue resolved for several days, but I'm not getting any answers.

I host one of my 2 sites there and am trying to "addon" my other domain since my contract on it was up the beginning of Sept. with my other host. I changed the DNS servers at the registrar site to acehost servers Aug. 30, but I keep getting an error when I either try to "addon" or even "park" the other domain through c-panel. The error is "this domain belongs to another user" - which it does not (they are both registered to me). I've gone back to check the server names and no typos... the page that comes up is a temporary c-panel page when I enter url into browser line.

In the mean time, my other site is down and I'm not receiving emails (very bad).

Not getting anywhere with my hosting company so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone has a solution. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I think you can't do anything without the help of either hosts. The present hosts should be able to help you probably by changing the server tweak settings.

3. Mmmaria

Mmmaria Member

Thanks... it sounds like I may be at the mercy of my new host, which is a scary :eek: thought since I'm not even getting response at the moment.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

But you can't run your business with out the help of your webhost unless you do have the root password or own the server.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Indeed. ace-host have a history of sending their clients here incorrectly and it's a sign of their lack of support that they do. I'd suggest moving somewhere more responsible I'm afraid.

6. Mmmaria

Mmmaria Member

Thanks - unfurtunately, I've paid for a year and only a little over two months have passed. I had done some research before I signed up with them and the comments seemed good. I went with them because the package was going to allow me to have an addon domain and other features. Do you have any recommendations on other "good" hosting companies that are reasonable with addon as one of the features?